I recently launched 2 new website at work which have been added to my portfolio. They are:
The Sims 2 – Buy Mode 3
Never really got much into The Sims, but like all Maxis games the music can be really catchy and charming.
I hate having to pay money for stupid things. Who doesn’t really, but it especially leaves me depressed.
- Last month I got a ticket for rolling through an all-way stop sign around the corner. The stupid cop was camping the intersection up the road and waiting for people. NOBODY ever comes to a complete stop at these since there’s never any traffic. To make it worse my inspection was due.
Even though I got an inspection immediately and mailed the receipt they still fined me for both. Each ticket had a NYS fee of $90. Total cost: $350.
- I got sick of AT&T charging me excessively for text messaging and other bogus fees so I cancelled them and went to Consumer Cellular. It slashed my bill by $30 upped by data and text plan. But I foolishly forgot I renewed my contract when I upgraded my phone and got hit with a cancellation fee. Total cost: $200.
- We had a tree cut down in our front yard. Month went by and they never came to collect payment. Nor did they have us sign a contract. Today they called me and said their records indicated we never paid them so they’re sending a bill. I thought we had gotten away with not having to pay them at all. Total cost: $600.
That’s a crapload of boardgames I could have bought for these. FML…
Tons of stuff to look forward to this month:
- Camping with friends this weekend for the final time this year.
- Borderlands: The Pre Sequel on Tues, 10/14.
- Halloween themed board game night next week at work.
- Annual Halloween airsoft event on Saturday.
- Another Halloween themed board game night with friends the following Friday.
- Halloween party with friends the next day.
- Halloween with family and tons of candy candy candy. Cadence has promised me her Resees Peanut Butter Cups.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!
The most epic Nerf war in history!
- The stupid ALS icebucket challenge. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great cause, but that got old real fast.
- Posting the results of some stupid arbitrary quiz, as if it provided some obscure glimpse into my personality with any degree of accuracy.
- Using a hashtag…ever.
- Mapping out the results of a run, walk, or bike path.
- Posting pictures of my kids standing outside waiting for the bus on school day.
- Posting a shocking video/article/story without first checking it for validity or presence on snopes.
- Posting a cartoon representation of “What’s going on in Mike’s life at the moment”.
Things you will occasionally find me posting about:
- Articles I felt were shocking, funny, or informative.
- Posting the occasional song or lyrics, not because they relate to my life at the moment but because they kick ass and I found myself headbanging to it and had to share its awesomeness whether you like it or not.
- Posting something about video games or board games to raise awareness and possibly convince my friends to try them out or play with me.
- Post about an upcoming or current movie for the same reason as above.
Still, I wish I had the willpower to quit Facebook altogether. Back in the day (as early as 2004) I used to collect my thoughts and showcase what’s important to me on my blog. With the advent of Facebook I practically gave up that pastime.
Wow…$10/month in fees, taxes and surcharges on my mobile bill. For all I know half of this crap is bogus. Look at this nonsense:
Administrative Fee: $0.61
Federal Universal Service Charge: $1.64
Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge: $0.70
State Telecommunications Excise Surcharge: $1.42
Total Surcharges & Fees: $4.37
9-1-1 Service Fee: $1.20
County Sales Tax – Telecom: $1.98
Local Wireless 911 Surcharge: $0.30
NY State Sales Tax – Telecom: $1.98
Total Government Fees & Taxes: $5.46